BRN NO 937 585 543 VAT
Where to find us: Mo Industrial Park (MIP), close to the centre of Mo i Rana, 300 m from the harbour
Share capital: MNOK 5
Sales: MNOK 25,8 (2017) MNOK 40,5 (2018) MNOK 51,8 (2019)
Owners: Miras Industries AS
Grotnes Steel is a specialised steel cutting centre and a steel development company located in Mo I Rana, Norway. We have a long and proud history which started all the way back in 1969. Our business concept was then to replace forged or casted components with multi-level flame cutting.
This is as relevant now as it was then, but today we have a broader repertory and can offer all cutting technologies available and cuts all types of steel qualities in any thicknesses. From 1 tenth of a millimetre up to 1500mm. We are regarded as global leader for multi-level flame cutting of steel plates and shaft steel, with high precision and within narrow tolerances.
Total employees: 11
- Our manufacturing process is BV- and DNV-approved
- All welders are certified
- Technical welding management, IWE (International Welding Engineers)
- Welding Inspector, EWIE (European Welding Inspection Engineer)
- 6 CNC-controlled cutting tables
- 2 PLC-controlled normalising furnaces (18 m(c)˜)
- 1 plate roller, up to 150 mm (the plates can be heat-rolled, max. 1,100 °C)
- Welding equipment for manual and mechanical welding
- DNV-approved welding procedures up to 600 mm material thickness
- Shape-cutting with tolerances up to 1,500 mm thickness
- Multi-level cutting of products for concrete/forging moulds
- Source materials in accordance with individual specification
The products are normalised after cutting. This prevents tempered zones in the cut surface, and results in a highly malleable material. Our TTSTE 355 Z3 steel is the product of a long-standing and successful partnership with the largest suppliers to the Norwegian offshore industry.
We constantly maintain an inventory of steel plates of 1,000 to 1,500 tonnes, with thicknesses of 80 to 720 mm. We also have or can procure forged shafts up to 1,200 mm in diameter.
- Production area: 3,000 m²
- Crane capacities: 3 x 40 tonnes, 1 x 20 tonnes
- Gates: 4 The largest is 7 m (W) x 8 m (H)